Sunday, March 8, 2009

World's Biggest Slacker---Can I use pregnancy as an excuse??

So....I promised almost a month ago to have a post about our endowments and sealing. Clearly it has not happened. Go figure. Which is pretty sad since it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life so far (I'm assuming the soon to come labor and delivery will be another one).

Luckily we had many friends and family there to support us and share in the joy the gospel brings. My dear friend Cynthia and her family even drove up from Idaho so that the three muskababes could finally all go to the temple together. Beth being the third muskababe. I hadn't seen Cynthia in almost 3 years, so getting to meet her adorable children and her charming chef of a husband was a real treat. We spent lots of time outside of the temple together as well...chatting and generally making our husbands roll their eyes at our youthful escapades and our more mature topics of conversation now that we're all married and starting families. Strangely enough we discussed living underground with tunnels---I'm pretty sure if Cameron, James and Nick can figure out the logistics of building underground, the girls can do the rest. Though we've got to bone up on our midwifery skills, since I think most of us aren't done pushing the kiddos out.

As for the temple. What could a person say to accurately describe the emotions, the Spirit and absolute rightness of the holiest place on Earth? Even for a woman like me who has spent her life in the business of words, whether read or written....cannot find words to do it justice. Suffice it to say that I have never felt more like a loved daughter of God than while I was in His house.

I love the Lord. I love the gospel. And I love a Heavenly Father who provides such a merciful plan that allows the love found on Earth to be carried throughout eternity.



Hunter checking out the cat house.....perhaps he wants to move in?



My big round belly...notice the absence of visible feet :)


Cameron reading to a cuddly Britton---such a cutie:)



YEA! We are sealed before Elliott comes :)



The gorgeous Seattle Temple on a typical cloudy day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you guys hugging! Such the ultimate Cameron and Lindsey moment sweet with just a tad of cheese! I love you guys and am so thankful that I was able to be there when you were sealed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little sad that I didn't get any of all of us together :( I cannot thank you enough for being a part of it...I love you guys too! How's life treating you?

    ReplyDelete