Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

35 weeks....shirts no longer cover the belly. Which is no good as I'm sure no one wants to see the stretch marks I have recently acquired.




He's coming out of where.....?





Our cat was being spaztic---attacking some imaginary foe.



This is one of her favorite sleeping spots..especially when the sun is shining in.

When I take naps on the couch, I often wake up with her tail swinging in my face or stuck to my mouth.



Life is good. Mostly. Sometimes. Every now and then. Well, it sort of depends on the moment and whether my right leg has gone numb or if I've gotten any sleep the night before or not :)
In all seriousness though, we are enjoying where we are right now. As with most people, money is tighter but we are managing and have confidence that we will be taken care of by the Lord. Our first child will be born soon and what words can express that? Every day brings me closer to the moment when I can hold this special little spirit for the first time. Thoughts and images spin in my head. Will he have hair? Whose nose will he have? Who will our Elliott be, what will he do in his life? How can we be the parents that he needs? I love him so much already--will my heart grow even more when I see him?
I am so blessed. My husband is a good man and knowing that he will be the father of our children gives me such peace and comfort. I will never have to worry if he wanted them or not, whether he will provide for them or whether he will be there during the most important moments as well as the small everyday ones. And now, I am more grateful than ever that he can bless them and provide a solid foundation of an honorable priesthood holder for them.
Recent events. I stop work next week---which is good because I'm pretty much a walking zombie at this point. I had a baby shower at work today with some wonderful people who I will miss when I stop. One of my best friends, Beth came to visit me with her two little girls yesterday. She brought me yummy cookies and we had a nice little chat inbetween reading to her 3 year old. I love having her on this side of the mountains and the ability to have her there as one of those people I can speak freely with.
I'm gonna go forage for some food...num...does anybody have a good pasta salad recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lindsey! It was so sweet to see you yesterday! We'll have to try a toddler free date sometime. You'll have baby Elliot in your arms so soon, and it will be like he was always meant to be there. I love you and can't wait to get a little cuddle in with the newest Rounce in the world, too. And you look absolutely beautiful! (Bigger is better!)

    ReplyDelete