It is hard. I try so much everyday and I still feel like I fail most of the time. How do we know we are giving them everything they need to grow, learn, and love? When I have one of those days where I don't come up with any "educational" activities and I spend most of the day doing laundry and dishes..how do I know i haven't totally held him back?
There are some days where I know that I'm on the right track, but somehow that same feeling can be flushed down the toilet the next day.
Just a mom venting a little.....just a mom getting through a day.....just a mom who loves her child so much she worries too much about messing him up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for being honest. I feel the same way a lot of days, if not most days. It is so hard to stay on top of everything. People tell me that the housework will wait, and that I should just worry about my son, but if I don't take care of the house, then I feel really depressed and start thinking that I'm really not taking care of my family because they're having to live in a dirty house! Blech.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. If anything, know you're definitely not alone in how you feel. *hugs*
You are so awesome Jamie. Thank you so much for sharing that. I agree about the housework...the more I don't do it, the more upset I am. Besides I hate dirty dishes piled up...lol
ReplyDeleteHey Lindsey! I thought I'd check your blog to see how you're doing. :) AND I have to TOTALLY agree with you on this subject!!! I feel like I give myself a mental mom-grade every day, and there are days I feel good, and days I don't. It's hard to find a balance most days, because there is always more laundry, more dishes, more toys scattered about... Hallie usually lets me know when she needs more attention, though, which is oftentimes what pulls me away from the menial. I think the fact that you're contemplating this shows how awesome of a mom you are!! I really liked President Uchtdorf's talk from Sat morning general conference, and think it applies very well to parents- making sure we focus on what's most important, and cut out excess stresses. I agree with Jamie- you're definitely not alone in how you feel! I hope you find many wonderful moments with Elliott every day, and recognize all the ways he thanks you for your dedicating your days to his care!! :)
ReplyDelete