Its been a long couple months. Christmas was good...mostly relaxing and so exciting to share it with Elliott. He didn't especially care one way or another as long as we let him nibble on some wrapping paper. Cameron and I are doing good. We decided to do a family motto and goals for our new years Family Home Evening. It was a great way for us to focus on what we wanted our family to be and to do. We have it framed and ready to hang on the wall. It will be a miracle if it actually gets hung up at all this year ;) However, I'm excited about the possibilities it has to bring our family closer together and closer to the Lord.
Our little monkey is 9 1/2 months now. So close to being 1 and it is making me a little sad. I look at this little baby who is slowly turning into a little boy. His features are changing and he has grown in his very prevalent personality. He enjoys throwing things that he doesn't particular like at any given moment. My phone, toys, pacifiers, bottles, keys. It is amusing, but soon I'm sure it will just be annoying as I'll have to pick them all up. He's a mover and a shaker for sure. He finally started crawling but is quickly becoming bored with that. Now he pulls himself up on everything and I fear walking is not far off. Oh, I love how he is hitting these milestones, but where is my tiny baby boy who curled into my arms and chest and fell asleep there. I miss that soft soft new baby skin and the smell. He wants to be everywhere and to see everything so he isn't much into cuddling past a minute or two. I hope that someday he'll crawl back into my arms and let me hold him close for more than a minute. Mommy definitely needs that.
Are all of you good at making friends? I used to be ( I think), but as I got older and went through some traumatic experiences I have become more shy. I long for friends and try my hardest to be outgoing and put myself out there, but sometimes it is just too hard. I have some good friends in the ward and outside, but I hope that they like me too and that as we spend more time together I will become closer to them.
Just a little video so all can admire my beautiful baby.
I am your friend, even if I am lousy at keeping in touch. I miss you and wish I was closer. Love you lots.
ReplyDeleteI am your friend and I like you a lot!! I am so glad you moved into our ward. And I'm glad that we get along so well and have babies the same age. It is nice to have a playmate for Emily, but even nicer to have a real friend for me! Thanks again for taking me shopping on Saturday! I made some yummy molasses oat bread with the whole wheat flour and gluten I bought at Winco. I should bring some over to you guys so you can enjoy the yumminess.
ReplyDelete